Today, Dec. 10 is day 400.
A quick back story because I’ve told it a few times: 400 (roughly) days ago I decided to join the November thankful challenge where you post one thing you’re thankful for each day during November. Fifteen days into that challenge a house fire killed my dad. During those dark days my family suffered through that followed that tragedy I kept the thankfuls going — because I needed to — not because someone had challenged me.
Dec. 1 of that year came and I posted another. Dec. 2, another. And so on … until I got to today — 400 days.
When I look at the number 400 in the scope of all this, it’s amazing. For 400 days I’ve posted one thing a day that I’m thankful for. Four hundred days. And no, I do not plan on stopping anytime soon.
- Gratitude increases happiness.
- Gratitude inspires others.
- There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for. Always.
- Beauty can be found in the darkest of places.
- Gratitude is contagious.
- It’s all about attitude — in any situation. In many situation, when I turn my bad attitude into a moment of being thankful for the challenge, I find my entire day shifts.